Position: Gr. 6 Homeroom/MS Teacher
Munro Academy is a growing independent non-profit day school offering positively life changing Christian education for Pre-Primary to Grade 12 Students.
The teacher integrates passion and compassion in facilitating a variety of Munro Academy classes with a focus on engaging students in becoming world changers. As part of a vibrant teaching team, the Gr. 6 Homeroom/MS Teacher is responsible to the Principal and is hired by the Principal and Board.
- Preparing and teaching classes based on a rotating, multi-year schedule from NS Department of Education & MA outcomes, may include (but not limited to):
- Bible 6-8
- Eng 6
- Global His/Geo 7/8
- Global His/Geo 6
- Eng 7/8
- Band 6-12 (if applicant has commiserate training/experience - not a requirement)
- Grade 6 Homeroom Teacher roles.
- Ongoing communication with parents, including contact before/after school, e-mails, sending home notes and parent teacher conferences.
- Participation in school community life.
- Regular (every 3rd week) meetings with principal and teaching team.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Commitment to providing positively life-changing education for Cape Breton students through integrating the Bible and the person of Jesus into quality education.
- Passion for and demonstrated experience teaching English and History content.
- Bachelor’s degree (ideal - B.Ed and pertinent teachables in English and History).
- Active involvement in local church/parish.
- Ability to contribute to unity in Christ’s body in teaching as a member of staff representing the breadth and wealth of Cape Breton’s denominations.
- Commitment to Munro Academy’s community vision as outlined in Student/Parent Handbook
- Successful completion of required criminal/abuse registry checks.
- Demonstrated positive classroom management abilities for this age-group.
- Making a formational difference in the lives of Cape Breton students at this pivotal age!
- Salary: $32,000 paid in 12 monthly installments ($2,666.67/month gross) Munro Academy makes standard salary deductions as per CRA guidelines
- Basic health/life insurance plan
- $600/year retirement plan
- Bursary covering up to 50% tuition for dependant children accepted into Munro Academy
- Provision of school laptop
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Principal Stephen Fenton - firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE SPECIFY IN EMAIL SUBJECT: Competition: Gr. 6 Homeroom/MS Teacher
Note: Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.